Monday, November 13, 2006

I was in Chicago for the weekend. Just a note for self-reference...

1) SushiSamba Rio (504 N. Wells St) for pretty good sushi - the entrees were OK, but I would go back just for the friggin' decor. Turns out it's a franchise of sorts with other locations in NYC, Miami etc... Gonna hunt these down.

2) Grotto On State (somewhere near the Knickerbocker) served what I would call the most authentic Italian food I've tasted since La Senso in Singapore - isn't it a little pathetic that despite the humongous Italian population, most can't do Italian to outdo Pastamania? We were coming off a really horrific dinner at the Italian Village, and were practically developing Italian-o-phobia, but dinner at the Grotto saved us.

3) Queue up for Garrett's caramel popcorn only if you have a LOT of time on your hands and you're well bundled up. It took me like half an hour.

posted by Brian @ 12:15 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

» Home

Powered by Blogger
Design by Beccary